Design with end state understanding is key to a successful transition through the life cycle of the project into operations. CDS provides the experience and expertise to ensure correct configuration of asset information and the existence of “golden thread” O&M material within design deliverable documentation, by either review or authoring.
“Design integration with operational lifetime understanding enhances the success of project transition and ensures operational effectiveness.”
During the design phase of a project, a lot of information is generated to develop and substantiate O&M solutions. CDS will provide the vehicle that will capture, refine, integrate and transpose this information into the processes and procedures that are specific and meaningful to the business. Design integration forms the common data foundation which project transitioning is built on and enables an accurate cost and schedule of O&M activities to be produced for the project throughout the life cycle.
- Production/development and delivery of designers O&M documentation.
- Production of Master Equipment Lists (MELs) / Plant Item Lists (PILs) and asset importance assessments.
- Produce and implement Configuration Management Implementation Plans (CMIP).
- Definition of Operational testing requirements.
- Operability/maintainability studies (facility, system and asset level).
- High Level Task analysis studies to define O&M strategies.
- Production and definition of project transition/handover requirements and strategies.
- Production of cost / activity schedules and estimates.